- 1 tub Bruegger's Pumpkin cream cheese*
- 7 oz elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook macaroni according to al dente using package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth and let it cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- When the roux (the butter/flour mixture) begins to darken, add half the milk and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining milk. Return to a boil and stir for 2 minutes. This will ensure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Reduce heat and add cheddar, gouda, cream cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, then toss with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over macaroni and bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Three Cheese Pumpkin Mac & Cheese Recipe by Grace of A Southern Grace blog.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.
*Cream cheese flavor available only for a limited time.