- 6 Bruegger's Pumpkin bagels*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat oil to 375°F.
- Cut each bagel into 8 pieces. Set aside.
- Pour sugar, cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice (optional) into a shallow baking dish and mix together. Set aside.
- To test your oil temperature, place one bagel bite in the oil. If it browns too quickly, lower your temperature. If it doesn’t bubble right away, increase your temperature.
- In batches, fry the bites for about 1 minute on each side. You’ll need to adjust based on the temperature of the oil.
- Once beautifully browned, remove from the oil with a slotted spoon onto a pile of 3 or 4 paper towels and lightly blot.
- Quickly place in the cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to sit for 7 to 10 minutes.
- When ready, you can eat as is or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Note: Best to eat these within 4 hours of making them.
* Pumpkin bagels available only for a limited time.