- 2 Bruegger's Pretzel bagels*
- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 6 tbsp salted butter, divided
- 2 cups Mac & Cheese blend shredded cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded cheese
- 12 oz Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shredded cheese
- 1.5 oz spicy guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Boil the elbow macaroni for about 8 minutes until al dente.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter and pour into a large bowl.
- Mix in the evaporated milk, 2% milk, Mac & Cheese blend, and mozzarella cheese.
- Slice the Velveeta cheese into thin slices.
- Pour half of the elbow macaroni into the baking dish.
- Pour half of the cheese mixture on top of the macaroni and stir.
- Top with one layer of Velveeta cheese slices.
- Repeat steps 7-9.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- While the macaroni and cheese is baking, prepare the breadcrumb topping.
- Place the pretzel bagels in a food processor (or a blender) and mix until it is chopped finely.
- Pour the pretzel bagel bread crumbs into a bowl, add in the Parmesan cheese, the guacamole and 3 tbsp melted butter, and mix together.
- Remove the macaroni and cheese from the oven and stir to blend.
- Spread the bread crumb mixture on top of the macaroni and cheese and cook for an additional 10 minutes (or until the Parmesan cheese melts on top).
Recipe by Stefanie of Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too blog.
*Bagel flavor available only for a limited time.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.