- 4 oz Bruegger's Cucumber Dill cream cheese*
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 6-oz skinless and boneless salmon filets
- 1-1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced english cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, both green and white parts
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp melted butter without whey
- kosher salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cook orzo pasta per package directions, about 10 minutes.
- Mix cooked orzo with parsley, 1 tbsp dill, half the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, half the garlic, scallions, red onion, garlic, lemon juice and a tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Add 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Next, heat a cast iron or non stick skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter. Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides and cook for about 4 minutes on each side till both sides are brown and crispy.
- While salmon is cooking mix half and half with the Bruegger’s Cucumber Dill cream cheese in a small saucepan under medium heat. When cream cheese has melted and combined with half and half, add the remaining cucumber, dill, garlic and mix.
Recipe by Agnes of Spoons and Stilettos blog.
*Cream cheese flavor available only for a limited time.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.