- 6 tbsp Bruegger's Pumpkin cream cheese*
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz) unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp clove spice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Sprinkle of cayenne
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in a medium saucepan until tender. Add chicken broth; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- You can either transfer the mixture into a blender or use an immersion blender, process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Add pumpkin puree and all spices stir well until blended. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in whipping cream or half and half and pumpkin cream cheese. Stir until smooth. Do not boil. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pumpkin Soup Recipe by Kristin of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia blog.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.
*Cream cheese flavor available only for a limited time.