- 2 Bruegger’s Pretzel bagels, chopped into 1 in pieces*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
- 3/4 oz fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Spread chopped pretzel bagel onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Mix together garlic powder and two tablespoons of olive oil in a small dish. Using a pastry brush, brush garlic and olive oil mixture onto the bagel pieces. Bake in a preheated 400F degree oven for 10 minutes until it’s lightly toasted. Let the seasoned bagel pieces cool to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, whisk together remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Transfer bagel pieces into a large mixing bowl. Carefully mix in diced tomatoes, diced fresh mozzarella, chopped basil leaves, and sliced onions.
- Drizzle dressing on top. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Annie of Frites & Fries blog.
*Bagel flavor available only for a limited time.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.