- 4 oz Bruegger’s Whipped Blueberry Greek cream cheese, softened*
- 1-1/2 cups powdered or confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 large lemon (approximately 1-1/2 tsp)
- Fresh blueberries to garnish
- Combine cream cheese and 1.5 cups confectioners’ sugar in a stand mixer (or in a mixing bowl to be used with hand mixer). If you use a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to combine until the texture is smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the cream and vanilla; whip, then add remaining confectioners’ sugar, 3/4 cup at a time.
- Zest half of the lemon over the mixing bowl and stir in with a spatula.
- Topping: Save the other half of the lemon zest to garnish the cupcake and add an extra zing of citrus flavor. Garnish with 3-4 blueberries.
- Top your favorite vanilla cupcakes with this sweet and smooth icing.
Recipe by Sanae of Where the Blue Boots Go blog.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.
*Cream cheese flavor available only for a limited time.