FOR THE BREAD PUDDING
- 6 Bruegger’s Pumpkin bagels*
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Cut bagels into bite-size cubes; place on tray. Cover with clean dish towel to dry out a bit. (A few hours-overnight)
- While bagel cubes are drying out, in 2-quart saucepan, heat both milks, cream, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the cinnamon, vanilla and pumpkin puree for 5 minutes or until warm throughout, stirring constantly. Beat eggs into mixture.
- Dunk bagel cubes into milk-egg mixture; place in greased casserole dish. Repeat with all of the bagel pieces. Pour with remaining milk to cover the mixture (Or most of it, you don’t wanna drown the bagels.) Cover unbaked bread pudding; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile make the caramel sauce. Combine the sugar and corn syrup with water in a medium saucepan, stirring carefully as to not splash the side of the pan. Cook over high heat until a kitchen thermometer reads 350 degrees F or until the mixture is a dark amber in color, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat, and slowly add the cream, and then the fleur de sel. Whisk in the sour cream and set aside to cool. Transfer to a jar and chill until time to serve bread pudding. Re-warm for easy drizzling.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove pudding from refrigerator; uncover. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; serve warm with caramel sauce and whipped cream if you want! Sprinkle with cinnamon, if you’re feeling it!
Pumpkin Bagel Bread Pudding Recipe by Take a Mega Bite blog.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.
*Bagel flavor available only for a limited time.