FOR THE CASSEROLE
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) Bruegger's Whipped Blueberry Greek Cream Cheese*, softened
- 1 1lb. (16oz.) day-old loaf of French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (discard ends)
- 2 cups mixed berries (raspberries and blueberries), divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup clover honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- To make the streusel topping: in a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Cut in the cubed butter with two forks. Set aside in the fridge.
- Prepare a 2.5-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the softened cream cheese over the bread and top with half of the mixed berries.
- Layer with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour evenly over bread cubes, pressing down on the bread cubes to ensure they absorb the liquid mixture.
- Top evenly with remaining berries. Sprinkle the streusel topping over top.
- Cover pan with foil. Allow to chill in refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove French toast from fridge. Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until bubbling, golden and fluffy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm with syrup and additional toppings (berries, whipped cream, honey) if desired.
Recipe by Daily Cup of AsheeJoJo blog.
*Cream cheese flavor available only for a limited time.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.