- 8 Everything bagels cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1-1/2 lbs spicy Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups onion, finely diced
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut bagels into coins, spread evenly on a large cookie sheet and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut sausage into small pieces and brown, separating with a spoon to avoid clumping. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté off the diced onion, apple and celery, until onions are translucent.
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix all ingredients, gently folding in chicken stock taking care not to break up the bagel pieces. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Turn the mixture to ensure the stock lightly soaks all the bagels, add more broth if needed- the stuffing should be moist, with bagel chunks remaining.
- Spoon the stuffing into greased 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for approx. 30 minutes until golden brown.
More Bruegger’s Recipes
Click here for more delicious recipes made with Bruegger’s own kettle-cooked bagels & Vermont cream cheese. Craft your own culinary creation today!