FOR THE EGG SALAD
- 4 oz Bruegger’s Cucumber Dill cream cheese*, room temperature
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp cucumber, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp mayonaisse
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
FOR THE BAGEL CRISPS
- 2 Bruegger’s bagels, your choice of flavor
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Preparing the Egg Salad
- For hard boiled eggs: Place eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with 1 1/2” of water. Bring to boil, then immediately remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Once the eggs cooled, peel them and chop them roughly.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber dill cream cheese, mayo, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Add the chopped eggs and minced cucumber, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or longer.
Making the Bagel Crisps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bagels into quarters, and then slice into ¼”-1/2” pieces.
- Toss bagel slices with olive oil.
- Spread out bagel pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how thin and freshly baked your slices/bagels are).
- Let cool and place into resealable container.
Recipe by Ashleigh of A Daily Cup of Ashee Jojo blog.
*Cream cheese flavor available only for a limited time.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.