- 4 Bruegger’s Cinnamon Raisin bagels
- 4 oz Bruegger’s Plain cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup good quality maple syrup (for Maple Syrup Sauce)
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar (for Maple Syrup Sauce)
- 2 tbsp butter (for Maple Syrup Sauce)
- 2 tbsp whole milk (for Maple Syrup Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter a baking dish (an 8”x8”x2” foil pan will work well) and set aside.
- Tear the bagels into pieces with your hands and drop into a bowl.
- Add the milk a little at a time over the bread.
- Mix it with your hands and make sure the bread absorbs the milk.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and the sugar using a whisk.
- Pinch the cream cheese into the egg/sugar mixture and mix.
- Add the vanilla extract. Then pour over the bread.
- Pour the bread pudding into the buttered dish, spreading it evenly in the dish.
- Place the dish in a shallow roasting pan and fill the pan with 1” of boiling water, or halfway up the side of the baking dish.
- Cover roasting pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15-25 minutes, until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Maple Syrup Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until sauce is heated through.
- Serve bread pudding into individual portions. Top with sauce and enjoy!
Recipe by Peter of Feed Your Soul, Too blog.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.