- 30 oz (5 tubs) Bruegger's Plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 30 red-and-white-striped peppermint candies
- 1 9-oz box chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the crust
- Combine crushed wafers and sugar in a food processor. Add in butter and pulse to a coarse meal.
- Line a 9″ springform pan with twp layers of foil. Butter the foil.
- Working from the base and up the side walls-press the crust into the pan.
Directions for the cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse candies to a crushed texture in a food processor-scraping down the sides until a coarse crushed mix is obtained. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese to a smooth cream, slowly adding the mint and vanilla flavoring.
- Add in sugar and beat slowly for 1 minute to incorporate.
- Add the half & half and the eggs one at a time beat until a consistent batter is achieved.
- Reserving one tablespoonful, gradually add the crushed candies until the mixture is distributed throughout the batter.
- Place a lined spring form pan on a large cookie baking sheet in the oven. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Set timer for 30 minutes. When timer sounds, cover with loosely tented foil reset the timer and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, test with a toothpick to ensure it draws cleanly.
- Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 15 minutes to set. Once cooled, refrigerate in the pan.
- Just before serving, remove from the pan and sprinkle the remaining crushed candies over the top of the cheesecake.
Click here for more delicious recipes made with Bruegger’s own kettle-cooked bagels & Vermont cream cheese. Craft your own culinary creation today!