- 5 Bruegger's Blueberry bagels, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (Do not thaw!)
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 375°F. (See note below.)
- Generously, butter 9×9 inch glass baking dish or 8 individual baking dishes.
- Place torn bagels in large mixing bowl and pour over milk and cream.
- Let absorb for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and let it cool. When cooled, mix with beaten eggs and remaining ingredients. Retain a quarter cup of the blueberries.
- Combine with bagel mixture, distributing blueberries evenly in mixture.
- Distribute the remaining blueberries over the top of the dish(es).
- Pour into prepared baking dish; place in center of oven.
- Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center, draws cleanly.
NOTE: If using soufflé or deeper dish for baking the entire pudding, reduce temperature to 375° and allow for longer baking time; test at 40 minutes. If using individual dishes, bake at 375° F and reduce baking time to 30 minutes, test for center for doneness on each.
Click here for more delicious recipes made with Bruegger’s own kettle-cooked bagels & Vermont cream cheese. Craft your own culinary creation today!