- 4 Bruegger’s Blueberry bagels
- 1 tub Bruegger’s Strawberry cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- Slice the bagels in half.
- Add the eggs to a large flat pan that will allow the bagels to lie in a single layer. Stir in the milk.
- Dip the bagels into the egg mixture and place cut side down in the pan. Cover and let set overnight in the refrigerator, turning once to make sure all of the bagels are completely soaked.
- Add the blueberries to the maple syrup in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until the blueberries are fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large frying pan and bring to medium heat. Cook the bagels on both sides until lightly browned.
- Put half of a bagel on a plate. Top with 3 tbsp. of cream cheese. Add the top half of the bagel. Top with a few spoonfuls of the blueberry syrup.
Recipe by Mary Ann of Recipes, Food, & Cooking blog.
At Bruegger’s, we’re known for our kettle-cooked bagels and Vermont cream cheese. But we’re also on a quest to provide our guests with menu items that push the culinary boundaries. This recipe features signature staples available only at Bruegger’s Bagels, and hand-crafted with a creative twist that may be made easily at home. So, next time you stop by Bruegger’s for your morning coffee and bagel, grab a tub of cream cheese and a few extra bagels to create one of these masterpieces at home.