- 6 oz Bruegger's Bacon Scallion cream cheese
- 5-6 lbs red skin potatoes
- 1 stick salted butter
- 6 pieces crispy bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk, as needed
- Place washed potatoes in a large pan and cover with cold, well-salted water.
- Bring to the boil. Cook thoroughly.
- Drain and let sit to dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Mash to break the skins.
- Fold in the cream cheese and bacon. Set aside of small portion of bacon for later.
- Mash until creamy.
- Add the butter, half & half, salt, pepper, and chives.
- Continue mashing to a coarse texture. Add milk if the potatoes are too stiff.
- Top with the last of the bacon and some snipped chives.
Click here for more delicious recipes made with Bruegger’s own kettle-cooked bagels & Vermont cream cheese. Craft your own culinary creation today!